Etiketter

måndag 23 september 2013

Othello play

DESDEMONA Be thou assured, good Cassio, I will do 
 All my abilities in thy behalf. 
EMILIA Good madam, do: I warrant it grieves my husband, 
 As if the case were his.
DESDEMONA O, that's an honest fellow. Do not doubt, Cassio, 
 But I will have my lord and you again 
 As friendly as you were. 
CASSIO Bounteous madam, 
 Whatever shall become of Michael Cassio,
 He's never any thing but your true servant. 
DESDEMONA I know't; I thank you. You do love my lord:  10
 You have known him long; and be you well assured 
 He shall in strangeness stand no further off 
 Than in a polite distance.
CASSIO Ay, but, lady, 
 That policy may either last so long, 
 Or feed upon such nice and waterish diet, 
 Or breed itself so out of circumstance, 
 That, I being absent and my place supplied,
 My general will forget my love and service. 
DESDEMONA Do not doubt that; before Emilia here 
 I give thee warrant of thy place: assure thee,  20
 If I do vow a friendship, I'll perform it 
 To the last article: my lord shall never rest;
 I'll watch him tame and talk him out of patience; 
 His bed shall seem a school, his board a shrift; 
 I'll intermingle every thing he does 
 With Cassio's suit: therefore be merry, Cassio; 
 For thy solicitor shall rather die
 Than give thy cause away. 
EMILIA Madam, here comes my lord. 
CASSIO Madam, I'll take my leave.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar